Learn intarsia technique!
Change colors, create patterns of any size and shape.
The Rhombus Band pattern is at an intermediate level. First of all, the instruction will teach you an intarsia technique thanks to which you will be able to freely create your own patterned designs. You will knit an original rhombus band too. With this technique the knitwear does not become double and thick and there is no risk of too much yarn tension that leads to the folding. Later on you will be able to create shapes with a large surface where you could not use a traditional 2-stranded method.
What will you need?
1) ) 6 bobbins (mini yarn balls) in 4 chosen alpaca colors from alpaca wool:
- weight: 50 g/ ~112 m
- for 5 mm needles (US 8, UK 6)
- The Baby Wool (100% baby alpaca) from We Are Knitters;Sugar Baby Alpaca (100% baby alpaca) from Wool And The Gang, however, a lot of yarns will be good, especially those from alpaca
- The finished headband weights 28 g.
2) 5 mm needles (US 8, UK 6)
3) Additional accessories: tapestry needle, sharp scissors, measure tape.
You will learn, among others, how to:
- change colors with intarsia technique
- knit with intarsia STEP BY STEP
- wave in ends in intarsia
- work in stockinette and garter stitch
- create an elegant side chain.
For whom is Rhombus Band pattern?
The “Rhombus Band” pattern is at the intermediate level, but should also be understandable for people who have previously knitted at the easy level, because it is very detailed. I lead you step by step through all the techniques, supporting with numerous photos.
If you have any technical problems with the pattern, please contact me viadirect message on Instagram @holyalpacaknit or email at email@example.com. I will gladly help and clarify your doubts.