The Beretto Beanie pattern will allow you to make the latest model of my alpaca beret beanie:<<See>>.
What will you need?
– 1 skein of yarn in chosen colour – I have used an airtype alpaca wool (empty inside), reinforced with artificial fibre – which I recommend, because thanks to this addition, a beanie will better hold its form
- 50 g/ ~130 m
- for 5 mm needles (US 8, UK 6)
- Feeling Good Yarn from Wool And The Gang (composition: 70% alpaca, 23% nylon, 7% merino)
- in 2 sizes: 4 mm and 5 mm (US 6, UK 8 and US 8, UK 6)
- circular – 40 cm
- e.g. Red ChiaoGoo metal circular needles
– Tapestry needle, marker, sharp scissors, measuring tape
You will learn, among others, how to:
- work in rounds in stockinette stitch and rib stitch
- increase, creating an elegant pattern
- decrease stitches
- close the beanie from the top.
Who is the Beretto Beanie pattern for?
The pattern consists of 12 pages. This is a detailed STEP BY STEP instruction with pictures on how to knit a beret beanie. It should be understandable even for a beginner.
The “Beretto Beanie” pattern is at easy/medium level. With this instruction, you will make a beanie that widens and then narrows, gently resembling a beret. Thanks to this design, you may wear it on your head in many ways. For my project I used lightweight alpaca yarn with an admixture of nylon, which strengthens the material and allows better shape formation.
In order to make this beanie, you need to know how to cast on, knit and purl stitches. Other techniques are explained in detail in the instructions.
If you have any technical problems with the pattern, please contact me viadirect message on Instagram @holyalpacaknit or email at email@example.com. I will gladly help and clarify your doubts.