The Merino Brim beanie pattern will allow you to make one of my favorite merino hat models:< <See>>
What will you need?
– 2 skeins of yarn in 2 selected colors:
- total: 100 g / ~136 m (approx. 70 g of color No. 1 and 30 g of color No. 2)
- for 5 mm needles (US 8, UK 6)
- e.g. The Meriwool from We Are Knitters (a beanie on a cover) or Rios from Malabrigo
- 5 mm (US 8, UK 6)
- circular – 40 cm
- e.g. Red ChiaoGoo metal circular needles
– Knitting needle, marker, sharp scissors
– Pompom maker (you can skip this and use ‘do it yourself ‘ method with cardboard circles)
You will learn, among others, how to:
- work in rounds in stockinette stitch (knit all)
- change yarn’s color
- create a double brim
- decrease stitches
- close the beanie from the top.
Who is the Merino Brim beanie pattern for?
The pattern consists of 16 pages. This is a detailed STEP BY STEP instruction with pictures on how to knit a double brim beanie. It should be understandable even for a beginner.
“Merino Brim” is a beanie pattern for easy / intermediate levels. The finished product fits the head right and has a double brim, which additionally warms the ears. It can be made with or without a pompom and decreased at the top or not. There are photos of both effects.
In order to make this beanie you need to know how to cast on and knit. Other techniques will be explained in detail in the instructions with pictures.
If you have any technical problems with the pattern, please contact me viadirect message on Instagram @holyalpacaknit or email at email@example.com. I will gladly help and clarify your doubts.